High Fortress Academy
Fortress Academy is an extracurricular program designed to equip students to be 21st Century leaders and influencers in the downtown Los Angeles area. The program’s goal is to challenge incoming students in S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) with an emphasis on research, creative thinking, and analytical processes. Through purposeful teachings and thought provoking experiments students will immerse themselves in a lifelong love for learning and improving themselves. The program is directed by creative professionals from various areas such as Marketing, Design, Finance, Production, and Business Administration; all coming from low income families or first generation college graduates, with a deep desire to give back to the community.
In order to be considered for the program, A complete online application must be submitted along with a one-time $20 non-refundable application fee. Once your application is received every student will be asssessed for developmental readiness. If a child is granted admission, full tuition will be due. A Payment plans can be arrange if requested.
Tuition will cover a quarter of the programs resources. The tuition cost is as follow:
$180 for ERDLO Members.
Financial Aid might be available for parents with more than one child.
Fortress Academy will span over the course of 4 quarters in a year. Every quarter will immerse students into 4 different tracks as follows:
Q1: Creative Thinking & Research
Q2: Creative Arts
Q3: Creative Technology
Q4: Creative Entrepreneurs
Terms & Application
• All Students must wear a black polo shirt and khaki pants or skirt, for coolder weather students may wear a lightweight solid color cardigan or sweater.
• High Fortress Academy is not intended to replace or interfere but rather enhance and supplement current academic curriculum.
• All Students will have to be drop-off pick-up on time unless parents are assisting ERDLO regular assembly programing.
• Parents will be required to participate in fundraising activities to raise funds for further curriculum materials.
• Due to space limitations not all students will be accepted into the program.
• It is highly encouraged for students to participate in High Fortress Kids but not required. High Fortress Kids is a free Christ Center child program designed to teach and establish biblical principles in children to develop well rounded individuals.
• High Fortress Academy does not supplement High Fortress Kids curriculum as the program is designed to focus in academia.
Fortress Academy Academic Calendar
January - March
This program is designed to inspire learning through curiosity and teach proper procedures of research. Students will be pushed to develop creative thinking skills by exploring their environment and solve problems within their surroundings.